Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Our new home

We've started to settle in out here in the 'burbs - we arrived on Saturday, Elijah came with my parents on Sunday, and we are still unpacking. Tonight's great accomplishment was setting up the computer for an internet-starved spouse (although I did manage to stave her off for a while with my laptop and a weak open wireless source I managed to sniff out).



I am already in love with the commute to work (or lack thereof). I can go from door to door in about 10 minutes on the motorcycle. It was about 45 minutes on a good day before, usually more like an hour or 75 minutes (or worse, if there was an accident on the freeway or something). I hardly feel like I've started before I'm there. I can't wait to get back on the other bike (the pedal one), but I think I need to heal a bit more first (for those who don't know, I had a hernia done on August 10th, just after getting home from Ontario).



Here are a few pics from the new place. We'd love it if you came to visit!

The view from the backyard, with Elijah getting in some last-minute sandbox time.


Elijah jumped in even before I was finished setting up the sandbox. He has settled in already, almost more easily than the rest of us! His comment on the sandbox was "I happy."


The Venema girls hanging out in the new master bedroom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan and Cindy said...

Looks wonderful! Hey...can we come visit?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Dennis Venema said...

Hi guys! Of course! You are always welcome. I'll email our new contact info to you soon.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home